Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Digital Footprint

I was actually quite surprised with what I found when I googled my name. Although there were several misses, which is unusually because of my name, most of the first page of hits were related to me. Most of the links were to online newspapers for honors I have received throughout my life so far. There were award notifications from high school sports as well as for my most recent scholarships at Michigan State. I was also surprised to find and article that had me quoted from abc channel 12 news. I was interviewed in early December in front of the Financil Aid office and they did end up running the story and quoting me! I also found links to a research project I conducted at Michigan State. I have left more of a digital footprint than I thought.

I am hoping to use my portfolio to highlight my accomplishments in the field of education to show off to future employers. With the set up of the web page, there is quick and easy access to priliminary information that employers as well as parents of students would like to see. My resume shows my qualificiation and my about me page gives a quick snipet into my interests and personality. I also want to use this portfolio to show that I am interested in technology in the class room and to show the benefits that technology can have for students. I am very excited about my portfolio and am anxious to make it more complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Shalyne's Blog by Shalyne Love is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.